Tintri SecureVM Software
Protect Your Data Against Theft or Loss in Real Time With No Impact to Application Performance
In today's security conscious environments, especially in finance, government and healthcare industries, there are often strict policy requirements or government regulations to keep data secure at all times to protect against theft even during drive replacement or routine hardware maintenance. With Tintri SecureVM, you now have the power to encrypt data at rest in real time, conforming to highest security standards in order to satisfy your policy and regulatory requirements.
SecureVM is available as optional software for the Tintri VMstore T800 and T600 series. Data is encrypted inline using AES-256 bit algorithms without any impact on performance or capacity. SecureVM works in conjunction with the self-encrypting SSDs and HDDs on Tintri VMstore T800 and T600 series storage and interoperates with other optional Tintri software such as ReplicateVM. Administrators can use the inbuilt key rotation mechanism to manage their keys.
Top Five Things to Know about SecureVM
- You can turn on encryption of data at rest anytime to instantaneously meet your compliance regulations
- SecureVM is truly simple to activate and manage, just like you would expect from Tintri
- You can rotate keys on demand from the UI if the key is compromised for any reason
- You get the highest level of security with AES-256 bit encryption standard.
- Together with optional ReplicateVM software, you can easily replicate between VMstores with or without encryption
Top Five Things You Won't Miss about Traditional Storage Encryption
- Turning on encryption and waiting for a certain duration before all un-encrypted data gets completely encrypted
- Paying a hefty performance penalty after turning on encryption
- Seeing your eff ective capacity reduced due to encryption overhead
- Getting forced to invest in an external key manager for key rotation
- Receiving that phone call at 2 AM from the storage team after one of your scripts runs and causes unpredicted problems with encrypted data
Download the Tintri SecureVM Datasheet (PDF).