Tintri IntelliFlash FE-200 All-Flash Expansion Shelf
Mixed Media Scalability – Performance and Capacity Expansion Choice
Intelliflash is now sold through Tintri (DDN Corporation).
N-Series Expansion Shelves – Mixed Media Scalability
The Tintri IntelliFlash N-Series intelligent infrastructure is a fourthgeneration storage solution that delivers an exceptional user experience through automation, analytic insights, and a variety of time-saving management features to drive your most valuable workloads in today’s data centers.
As your business needs grow, Tintri provides choice in scaling your N-Series NVMe™ capacity. You can select from high-performance NVMe SSDs or cost-efficient SAS SSDs expansion shelves, or both, to deliver the optimum capacity that meets your needs while maintaining your desired performance level.
Each expansion shelf delivers the same proven innovation in flash management, data persistence, and data management as the N-Series controller so you will maintain unprecedented levels of consolidation, simplicity, and economics. Exceptional performance at low latency, flexibility at scale, and comprehensive data services make IntelliFlash N-Series expansion the choice for growing enterprise workloads. Experience Different!
- Synchronous Replication - Provides continuous business continuity and seamless data mobility between any IntelliFlash all-flash or hybrid systems located in different data centers
- Flexibility in Capacity Expansion – NVMe- and SAS-based flash expansion to optimize performance and value.
- Cloud-Based Intelligent Analytics – Visibility across all IntelliFlash systems, with insights that keep infrastructure operating at peak efficiency and availability
- Unified Storage - Concurrent native block (FC, iSCSI) and file (NFSv3.x/ v4.x, SMB1/2/3) access
- Comprehensive Data Services – Inline deduplication and compression, snapshots, read/write clones, and thin provisioning
- Live Dataset Migration – Seamless live migration of iSCSI/FC LUNs across IntelliFlash systems
- IntelliFlash S3 Cloud Connector – Hybrid cloud capabilities, enabling connectivity to public cloud or any S3-compatible object storage
- VMware Support – vCenter plug-in and integration with VMware SRM and VAAI NAS
- Microsoft Hyper-V Support – PowerShell Toolkit plus SMB3 Enhancements for Hyper-V
- Maximizes returns on investments by providing continuous availability to business-critical workloads
- Full Featured File Services – Enterprise grade NAS functionality for both virtualized and non-virtualized environments
- Simplified Management and Analytics – Common GUI management for all IntelliFlash systems
- High Capacity and Scalability – Over 5PB‡ of effective expansion capacity in a compact 14RU footprint
- Affordable Disaster Recovery – Replicate between NVMe-flash, allflash, and hybrid systems
- Multiple Mixed Workloads – Support bare metal applications along with certified configurations for Oracle, Microsoft, VMware and many other environments.
- Hybrid Cloud – Back up local snapshots to the cloud or quickly migrate volumes for bring-up on any S3-compliant object storage.
- Reduced OPEX – With a platform that is energy efficient, offers inline data reduction, and is easy to maintain, so you can save on power, cooling, and labor.
|Shelf Type||Hybrid Flash||All-Flash||All-Flash||All-Flash||All-Flash||All-Flash|
|NVMe Flash Capacity (TB)1||5.6||23||46||46 - 92||92 - 184||184 - 368|
|HDD Raw Capacity (TB)1||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|All-Flash Effective Capacity (TB)2||N/A||544||1090||Up to 2180||Up to 4360||Up to 8718|
|Expansion Shelf Form Factor (EIA Rack Units)||3RU||2RU||2RU||2RU||2RU||2RU|
|Physical Dimensions (HxWxD)||5.25” x 17.2” x 25.25” (134mm x 437mm x 642mm)||3.5” x 17.2” x 25.25” (89mm × 437mm x 642mm)|
|Typical Power Usage (Watt)||196W (668BTU/hr)||218W (744BTU/hr)|
|Weight||105lbs (47.6kg)||80lbs (36.3kg) (with 24 drives)|
|Environmental Specifications||Operating temperature: 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)
Non-operating temperature: -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
Operating relative humidity: 20% to 90% (non-condensing)
Non-operating relative humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
1 Values indicated are RAW capacity. One MB is equal to one million bytes, one GB is equal to one billion bytes and one TB equals 1,000GB (one trillion bytes) when referring to storage capacity. Accessible capacity will vary from the stated capacity due to formatting and partitioning of the hard drives, the operating system and other factors
2 Effective capacity assumes capacity after dual-parity, data protection, and metadata overhead, and includes the benefit of data reduction with inline deduplication and compression. Data Reduction is calculated based on 80% efficiency. This efficiency can differ based on workload and or expansion shelf configuration. Where a range is present, the values are Min - Max.
Top Five Reasons to Deploy IntelliFlash™ N-Series
Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe™) provides you the unique opportunity to gain native flash performance by eliminating legacy interface bottlenecks. The Tintri IntelliFlash N-Series can help drive your business success whether you have a few applications needing a performance bump or business-critical workloads needing the fastest NVMe performance available.
All workloads, running in virtualized and non-virtualized environments, benefit from accelerated transactions and simplified operations. High performance at low latency, flexibility at scale, and easy-to-use data services and analytics make IntelliFlash N-Series the choice to drive your most valuable workloads.
Accelerate your business data strategy with intelligent infrastructure, IntelliFlash N-Series!
1. Fast Got Faster – Run Your Apps at the Speed of Memory
Our unique enterprise-class NVMe storage architecture is ideal for realtime analytics, high-transaction processing workloads, and business applications. IntelliFlash’s fully optimized software stack turbocharges performance by dramatically reducing latency and increasing throughput. The N-Series enables you to upgrade to intelligent infrastructure and set new business targets.
2. Dense Got Denser – Deploy Performance Workloads at Scale
Every enterprise is struggling to manage explosive data growth; unfortunately, data center floor space, power, and cooling are key constraints that force IT administrators to find new ways of doing more with less. A creative solution is to combine the benefits of NVMe performance and the economics of SAS capacity to seamlessly grow storage density. When you deploy N-Series with flash expansion shelves (368TB raw in 2RU) you can get up to 10PB of effective capacity in just 14RU.
3. Rich Got Richer – Seamless Hybrid Cloud Data Mobility
IntelliFlash NVMe systems come with rich enterprise data management functionality – thin provisioning, deduplication, snapshots, replication, and cloning. In addition, we support hybrid cloud management and data mobility between on-premises storage and public clouds. The IntelliFlash S3 Cloud Connector supports backing up local snapshots to the cloud or quickly migrating volumes for bring-up on the cloud. This seamlessly extends private cloud data resources to the public cloud or to any S3-compliant object storage for better data center storage economics.
4. Simple Got Simpler – Optimize Your Investment
As enterprise data growth continues at an accelerated pace, organizations are under mounting pressure to make the best use of their storage investments. IntelliFlash N-Series systems simplify and optimize storage resources by supporting multiple storage media types, SAN (iSCSI, FC) and NAS (NFS, SMB3) protocols, and both physical and virtualized environments. You can choose from NVMe-flash, SAS-flash, dense-flash, and HDDs all on a single platform running a common OE. In addition, IntelliFlash systems are VM-aware. They provide VMlevel management and integrate with key VMware, Microsoft, Citrix and Oracle virtualized server and desktop technologies to simplify provisioning, backups, disaster recovery, cloning and more. The versatility of IntelliFlash N-Series simplifies your storage environment while protecting your investment as your business needs change.
5. NVMe-Flash Systems – Maximum Performance, Feature Rich
Your most demanding workloads deserve uncompromised performance – especially when they are key to your business success. IntelliFlash N-Series combines the power of NVMe, software-optimized flash management, and robust enterprise data services and analytics. This delivers exceptional performance at low latency with scalable capacity to accelerate your most demanding workloads.
Instead of managing multiple silos from different storage vendors, you can deploy IntelliFlash N-Series and select NVMe or other flash expansion shelves as dictated by your application performance, capacity, and economic requirements. Plus, you can manage all your IntelliFlash systems with the same administrative workflows and easyto-use GUI.
Download the Tintri IntelliFlash™ N-Series Expansion Shelves Datasheet (PDF).